As REACH is primarily focused on communicating what God is doing through the lives of His children, the core of who we are is based on the everyday faithfulness of followers of Christ across the County. We all have a story we carry and ways God desire to use us where He has us in each season!
Active participates of REACH choose to embrace these guiding principles in their relationships and labor together:
- Shared Responsibility
- We corporately share responsibility for the spiritual leadership of our county and commit to honor and serve one another for the common good, which extends beyond the boundaries of one’s own group or positional authority.
- Presence-based discernment
- We seek spiritual insight from God through acknowledgement of His authority (scripture) and welcoming His active presence (worship). By the guidance of the Holy Spirit we honor the contributions of one another in an ongoing posture of corporate prayer and worship.
- Empowered Ministry
- The Spirit of God guides us to the heart and wisdom of Christ. We honor and release one another as His followers in using the spiritual gifts God has given as a means of helping the entire church.
- Our sole allegiance is to the Lord Jesus Christ; we do not participate in organizations or secret societies that bind their members with oaths that require involvement with practices or philosophies contrary to the Word of God.
- We will know one another deeply and pursue authentic and caring relationships with those of diverse cultures and communities of Christian faith.
- We will receive and share God’s love with each other, as part of our ongoing personal transformation and in pursuit of the oneness among His followers for which Christ prayed. Love is active, practical, and creative.
(Matthew 20:25-28; 18:20; I Corinthians 12:7; Colossians 1:18; 2:8; 3:12-14; I John 4:19-21; John 17:20-22)
Some tangible ways you can actively participate with the heart of REACH:
- Embrace the vision for transformation of Lancaster County.
- Live the vision to impact others in your sphere of influence.
- Seek personal transformation by the Lord.
- Pray for transformation in your sphere of influence.
- Share the vision, weaving it into prayers, sermons, staff meetings, conversations; display literature; refer others to the website.
- Share your story with us!
- Build relationships. (Share a meal. Get together as families. Etc)
- Come together for prayer or as an accountability partner.
- Dream about shared endeavors.
- Encourage and affirm others in their endeavors for Kingdom purposes.
- Cooperate strategically while connecting at REACH events
“Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others (Philippians 2:3-4).”